If you don’t change the password of your Wi-Fi Network and leave it unprotected then other people will be able to use your internet connection and also able to access files on your computers and even find out sensitive information like passwords and credit card numbers.
Therefore, you should change your Wi-Fi password and set it to a strong combination of alphabets, digits, and special characters.Once you change your Wi-Fi Password, no one other than you will be able to connect to your Wi-Fi Network and your Wi-Fi Network will remain secure.
To change the password of your Wi-Fi network, follow this step-by-step guide given below.
- Open a web browser.
- In the address bar, type http://192.168.1.1
- A login window will be displayed. You will be prompted to enter the login username and password to continue.
- The default username for D-Link Routers is admin and the default password is blank (nothing).
- Once you enter the login credentials, you will be logged in into the admin panel of the router.
- Now, go to Wireless Settings > Manual Wireless Network Setup.
- Scroll down to the Wireless Security Mode section.
- In the Pre-Shared Key box, enter the new Wi-Fi Password.
- Click on Apply to save the settings.
- Open a web browser.
- In the URL bar, type http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 and press Enter.
- You will be taken to a login page with TP-Link branding.
- You will have to enter the login credentials to continue. Enter the default username and password to continue. (The default username and password are both admin in lowercase.)
- Once logged in, go to Wireless >Wireless Security.
- In the PSK box, enter the new Wi-Fi Password.
- Now, click on Save to confirm the change. Changes will be made after the router reboots.
- Make sure that you are connected to your Wi-Fi Network. Once you are connected, open a web browser.
- In the URL bar, type http://10.0.0.1 or 10.0.0.1.
- A login window will appear. You will be asked to enter the login username and password to access the Admin Panel of the router.
- Enter the login username and password. (Default username is admin and the default password is password)
- You will be now logged in into the Admin Panel of the router.
- From the left menu, go to Gateway > Connection > Wi-Fi.
- Under the Private Wi-Fi Network section, you will see the name of your Wi-Fi Network.
- Click on the Edit button next to the same of your Wi-Fi Network.
- If you wanna see the current password of your Wi-Fi Network then click on Show Network Password.
- To set a new password, type the new password in the Network Password field.
- Click on Save Settings to confirm the change.